Sunday, May 30, 2010

Life is a journey

~~~Yesterday I was feeling all down and depressed and bad for myself because of that darn OBSESSION that I CANNOT let go of!! Harry Potter obsession, by the way. I feel like I am in handcuffs or stranded on a deserted island! I have NO interaction with the rest of the world. NONE! WHATSOEVER! So I was feeling all bad, and I even composed a pretty bleak poem about it....when I went downstairs to watch TV. I mean, what else was I supposed to do? So when I turned the TV on, you know what was playing? A show called "Rethinking Happiness" all about happiness, where it comes from, and how to get it. I nearly cried! Oh my goodness! WOW! They talked about self-help stuff (which is really popular right now), Positive Therapy, Forgiveness Therapy, all of that stuff. The moral of the story was: "Life is a journey, and happiness is what happens when we travel it together." Cool.
~~~On to the stuff I'm REALLY excited about: flying! Just a couple of days ago, our neighbor Brother Grier (who is consequently a PILOT) took me and Dad flying in his plane. A Piper Cherokee 235, to use the proper term. My favorite. For those of you who know me REALLY well, I have wanted to be a pilot in the Air force for a really long time. And here I was, soaring through the air in a four-seater private plane! OMC! Brother Grier signed me up for the Young Eagles, a group of young flight enthusiasts. The benefits of being in this group:
1. Your name is put in the BIGGEST logbook in the world
2. You get FREE textbook flight training online, whenever you want. Retail value:$199.00 Totally free.
3. And lots of other stuff I can't remember...at the moment :D
~~~Isn't that awesome? I get the textbook classes for free! I don't have to pay anything! And By the time I finish, I will have enough money to pay for the rest! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment