Saturday, January 9, 2010

I was at Young Women's this time, but I came across a scripture that said we should put the gospel before worldly things, that building our testimony is more important that riches or pleasure. That got me thinking, and all of a sudden I felt horribly guilty that I read Harry Potter more that my scriptures! I'm trying really hard to remind myself to read the Book of Mormon at least 45 minutes every day. It's so hard though! My mom keeps saying, "Meagan, reality first!" and that is so true, but so difficult.
Now I have something else to tell you. I am saving my money so that I can go to the Harry Potter 7 part 2 world premier (if they delete the nude scenes) , even though you have to be invited or win some sweepstakes. Pretty wimpy. So here are my plans for all three situations (yes, all three.) :

SECRET STRATEGY #1: I will write tons of letters to Jo Rowling so she knows who I am and we are fairly well aquainted, and then I'm going to ask her to invite me to go to the world premier and the money I've got will pay for the expenses.

SECRET STRATEGY #2: I will spend weeks entering for the Warner Bros. sweepstakes, each time under a different email adress. It'll take LOTS and LOTS of time, but I'm willing to take the effort. If I'm lucky, I will have the majority of the drawing filled, and therefore have a bigger chance of getting there.

SECRET STRATEGY #3: If neither of my other Secret Strategies don't work, I will put all this money into college savings. Waht college will I go to, you wonder? BYU, because not only are they totally wicked awesome, but they also have a QUIDDITCH TEAM. Want to know more, go to www.collegequidditch.com. It's pretty cool. Too bad I missed the World Cup...*sniffle*

Niow that you know my brilliant plans you have to know how much money I've saved, or at least as close as I'm willing to tell: over $250.oo, but under $3oo.oo since August first. Sweet huh? I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment